Finding a plumber can be a difficult task. There are so many options these days, one hardly knows where to start. You can go the internet route, scouring multiple pages for reviews, or you can ask around your neighbourhood to see if there’s a particular company people enjoy, but it’s always good to do a little research for yourself.
If you’re looking for plumbing services in Hampshire, the following might help lead you in the right direction.
What Are the Typical Services Plumbers Offer?
These are only a few of the reasons why you might be inclined to call a plumber, but this is not the definitive master list. If you’re not sure whether you need a plumber, contact the company and reach out for a free consultation.
Some of the services plumbers offer include the following:
- Fixing leaks, drips, and burst pipes
- Toilets and taps
- Installing and fixing tanks
- Pipework and re-routing
- Shower repairs and installations
- Pressurised and unvented systems
- Central heating repairs
- And more
What Should I Look for When Finding a Professional Plumber?
While great reviews are helpful in leading you in the right direction, there are a few important things you need to look for when hiring a professional plumber.
- Make sure they are licenced, and their company is in good standing. Not all places have the same licensure requirements, so always check to make sure no formal complaints have been filed against the company or its owner.
- Look for a plumber that is insured. In the event of an accident that harms either the plumber or yourself, the insurance will protect both of you. Some plumbers may be bonded as well, which is another plus.
- How long has the company been in business? Though age does not necessarily mean the best service, newer companies can be just as good. But if the place has been around for a while, they must be doing something right.
- Your plumber’s work should be guaranteed and covered by warranty. A typical warranty lasts for about a year or two; some plumbers might guarantee longer. But if a plumber doesn’t stand by their work and provide you with a guarantee, you should be a little concerned about the quality of the work being offered.
- Unless you have some sort of major work that needs to be completed, most plumbers will be able to provide you with a ballpark estimate for parts and labour. Always get at least three estimates to see if you’re being offered a fair price, but beware an excessively low estimate. The work might cost less, but that can also mean the quality of the material isn’t that great.
- If you’re still a bit leery about taking the plunge, ask if your plumber can provide references. If a plumber has a good relationship with past customers, it’s a good sign they might be the one for you to go with.